08 Sep Class Action Lawsuit Against Shoreline Treatment Center for Unpaid Wages
On December 10, 2020, a class action lawsuit was initiated against Shoreline Treatment Center and Rachel Levi alleging wage claims for:
(1) Failure to Pay Overtime;
(2) Failure to Provide Meal Periods;
(3) Failure to Provide Rest Periods;
(4) Failure to Provide Accurate Itemized Wage Statements;
(5) Waiting Time Penalties;
(6) Civil Penalties Under the California Private Attorney General Act (“PAGA”); and
(7) Unfair Competition and Unlawful Business Practices.
The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, and is captioned Carrie Prodromides v. Shoreline Treatment Center, Inc., et. al. Case No: 20STCV47287. A copy of the operative complaint can be accessed here.
In summary, the lawsuit alleges that employees of both Shoreline Treatment Center and Rachel Levi worked, and continue to work, shifts exceeding eight hours a day and/or forty hours a week without overtime or double time compensation. The lawsuit also asserts that both Shoreline Treatment Center and Rachel Levi required some of their employees to work shifts exceeding eight hours a day and/or forty hours a week without overtime or double time compensation under the guise of a lawful alternative workweek schedule, when in fact and in law, the alternative workweek schedule was, and still is, unlawful, illegal, and invalid. In addition, the lawsuit alleges that the employees of Shoreline Treatment Center and Rachel Levi were prohibited or otherwise discouraged from taking meal or rest breaks in accordance with the California law.
Shoreline Treatment Center and Rachel Levi have filed an answer with the court denying these allegations.
If you would like more information about this class action lawsuit, contact Rolando J. Gutierrez at (213) 613-0500 or at [email protected].
Latest posts by Rolando Gutierrez (see all)
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Group of Orange County Bars and Restaurants for Unpaid Wages - September 17, 2021
- Class Action Lawsuit Against Shoreline Treatment Center for Unpaid Wages - September 8, 2021